Andebet.com's Copyright Policy
Andebet.com is governed by the laws of United States of America & Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Our company is given the ability to force and suspend/terminate the accounts of users who violate the copyright law implemented in both jurisdictions.
Andebet.com is an entertainment website created for the sharing videos and other entertainment material, and as such, we don't have full control on what users share on the website. With this in mind, Andebet.com has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements
If you are a trademark owner and you believe your trademark is being infringed, please note that Andebet is not in a position to mediate trademark disputes between users and trademark owners. As a result, we strongly encourage trademark owners to resolve their disputes directly with the user who posted the content in question. Contacting the uploader may allow for a quicker resolution to your claim in a way that is beneficial to you, the uploader, and the Andebet.com community.
If you are unable to contact the uploader, or reach a resolution with the account holder in question, please submit a trademark claim by contacting us. Andebet is willing to perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints and will remove content in cases of clear infringement.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Andebet is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent:
It is Andebet.com's policy:
- To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- To notify the user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- That repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Andebet.com shall terminate such user's access to the website and service.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Andebet.com may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at Andebet.com's discretion.
Andebet.com's Designated Agent may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com